Friday, September 28, 2012

GALILEO BOOKS RESOURCE CENTRE NOW OPEN IN CENTURION!!

Over the past two years I have received numerous requests from Teachers / Therapists / Parents / Homeschoolers to assist them in making choices on textbooks, readers and classroom resources. I came to realise that there is a big need for people to actually SEE a product before making a decision to buy. We want to showcase as many as possible of the following: • Reading scheme • Story books for Primary school learners • Big Books for the foundation phase • Story Books for High School learners • Study guides for all subjects • Literature study guides • Dictionaries • Atlasses • Factual / Research books • Classroom resources / Educational toys • Samples of stationery items • Remedial products • Gross motor activity • Catalogues from different Publishers / Suppliers Our dream is that people can come in, sit down at a table and go through different books / items to make the best decision for their learners. For example, if I am an English Teacher and I need to find a study guide for Animal Farm, it would be SO nice if I can pop in to the Galileo Books Resource centre, get three different copies of study guides on the shelf, and then take a hour or so, working through the books to see which one suits my learners best. Or I am a Gr.1 Teacher, and I want to prescribe oil pastels for my school’s Back to school stationery packs. I pop into the Resource centre, take three different brands from the shelf and TEST for myself which one I like the most. Or I am an Occupational Therapist, and I can test some of the remedial resources to see if that is what I had in mind. I want to expose Teachers to a variety of Educational material, something they do not necessarily experience when reps come to see them one by one at school. We are also planning to host small workshops on different Educational topics at the Resource centre. By doing this, Galileo Books firmly believe that we are investing in our children’s education, which IS the future of our country, and simultaneously we empower our Teachers and parents. Address: 1010 Saxby Street Eldoraigne Centurion Hours: Monday - Friday, 8h00 - 17h00 Contact us:012 654 0076 Hope to see you there soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment